Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday 1 July 2017

Red riding hood for a lovely family in Germany - commission 1


I have spent creating special work on commissions for the most part of the first half of 2017. One of them is Red riding hood. A lady contacted me earlier this year after seeing the photo of CAL website. She told me it would be a birthday present for her husband. How lovely!

As I have made a similar mask before, I would be ale to guess how long it would take me to make one. First, I made the mask.



Second I added a story on her head. The wolf is difficult to attach. The first one was too large, so I had to make another one.



After the lady's approval, the mask was ready for bisque-firing.




Then I add colours. The colours before firing are not what you see after firing. That is the most difficult point. It is often a guess work.



She is ready for glaze-firing.  



I usually take a few days to pack intricate works. Then the packet was sent with tracking. This mask quickly and safely arrived at the family home, Germany. I have received a lovely message from the lady. That was, of course, the best part. Thank you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment